Setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
In order to add an extra layer of security to your account, you can turn on 2-factor authentication (2FA).
Once it is enabled, you’ll sign in to your account in two steps:
- Step 1: enter your username and password
- Step 2: enter the code generated by your 2FA app
How do you set up 2FA?
1 – Install an authenticator app on your mobile phone
Any application that generates TOTP tokens are supported. Among the apps you can install:
- Aegis (Android)
- AndOTP (Android)
- Authy (Android / iOS)
- Authenticator by Google (Android / iOS)
- Authenticator by Microsoft (Android / iOS)
- FreeOTP Authenticator (Android / iOS)
Additionally, you can use an authenticator CLI utility:
2 – Enable 2FA
- Go to Settings > Security > 2 Factor Authentication
- Click on Set up 2 Factor Authentication
- Scan the QR code with your 2FA app. If you want to set up manually, you can use the secret key provided under the QR code. All apps give you the choice to set up using QR code or secret key (code).
4. Click on Next
5. Enter your password and the code generated by your 2FA app
6. Click on Enable
Once it is enabled, next time you log-in you will have to enter the code generated by your 2FA app.
How to disable 2FA?
If you need to disable 2FA:
- Go to Settings > Security > 2 Factor authentication
- Click on Disable 2 Factor authentication
- Enter your password and the code provided by your 2FA app
- Click on Disable
I have lost my phone, how to set 2FA on a new phone?
In order to be able to set 2FA again on a new phone, you need to save the secret key display under the QR code during the set up.
If you need to set 2FA again, you will be able to enter manually the key in the application.